For more information on the City of Calgary Green Card Food and Yard Waste Program for both single homes and multi-family dwellings check this link Green Cart Food and Yard Waste Program and find information on:
- How the program works
- What goes in the green cart
- If you reside in a multi-family dwelling be sure to check with your green cart provider as acceptable products may differ.
- How to use your green cart
- Including tips on how to keep it clean and tidy
- Compostable bags and alternatives
- Learn about the Facility that will compost green cart material
- Collection Days
- What can and cannot be put in the blue cart (recycling)
- Properly fill and place your black carts (garbage) for pickup
- Changes to collection schedules
- Holiday garbage and recycling pickup schedule
Starting November 1, 2017, multi-family dwellings (including condominiums and apartments) will be required to separate food and yard waste from garbage.